Fitness for Duty Evaluation Process Timeline, Payment Schedule, and Cancellation Policy
- Application Processing
- There is a non-refundable $550 payment due with your application. This must be received before we will take any action on your case.
- After receiving your application and non-refundable $550 application processing fee, PACE will begin the enrollment process. As part of the enrollment process, PACE will request a $8,000 deposit towards the Fitness for Duty Evaluation (FFDE), as well as various types of information from the participating physician and referring agency (where applicable) to aid in the development of the FFDE. Cancellation requests received at any point during the enrollment process are entitled to a full refund less the $550 application fee.
- Development of Individualized FFDE Program Outline
- Once all requested information and background materials have been received, the participant will be considered officially enrolled. PACE will then notify the referring agency (or participant if self-referred) of the official date of enrollment as well as the anticipated date of our next multidisciplinary case conference, where the participant's materials will be reviewed and an individualized FFDE Program Outline will be developed. Cancellation requests received after the official date of enrollment, but prior to the multidisciplinary case conference, are eligible to receive a refund of $6,000.
- Payment Due - Remaining Balance of the FFDE
- Within 5 business days of the multidisciplinary case conference, PACE will send the Individualized FFDE Program Outline with an invoice for the remaining balance of the FFDE to the referring agency (or participant if self-referred) Cancellation requests received after the multidisciplinary case conference are not eligible to receive a refund of the $4,500.
Scheduling of FFDE
- Once the remaining balance has been paid, PACE will work closely with the referring agency and /or participant to schedule his/her FFDE. Once the schedule has been arranged, PACE will immediately notify the referring agency and/or participant for confirmation. Cancellation requests received during the scheduling process, but prior to the confirmation of the FFDE being scheduled, are eligible to receive a refund of the paid remaining balance and $4,500 of the initial deposit.
- FFDE Scheduled
- Once the FFDE schedule has been confirmed by all parties, PACE will send a schedule and FFDE packet, which will contain all important information about the participant's upcoming FFDE. Cancellation requests made after the FFDE schedule has been confirmed will be eligible for a refund according to when the request was received, as outline below:
- A 50% refund (less $4,500 of the original deposit) will be issued for all cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the first day of the participant's FFDE.
- A 25% refund (less $4,500 of the original deposit) will be issued for all cancellations received less than 10, but more than 1 business day prior to the start of the FFDE.
- No refund will be given to participants who do not show-up ("no-show") for their FFDE.
- Rescheduling Process
- There is a $1,000 rescheduling fee for all rescheduling requests received more than 10 business days prior to the FFDE start date.
- There is a $2,500 rescheduling fee for all rescheduling requests received less than 10, but greater than 1 business day prior to the FFDE start date.
- Refund policy
- In order to be eligible for a refund, cancellation requests must be in writing, either email, facsimile, or letter. Telephonic cancellations will not be honored.
- For the purpose of this document, one full business day means 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding all UCSD observed holidays. For a full list of UCSD observed holidays, please visit the following webpage:
- Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis.